The upcoming b2evolution v4 release is intimidating on several counts:
- It includes more new features than any other single release before...
- It includes code from more different contributors than ever before...
- and last but not least... I haven't made a release in 6 months, so I'm pretty scared about screwing something up...
This leads me to runs extra tests even for the alpha version, just to make sure it's working all nice and clean, especially the upgrade process, which is pretty intense this time. I mean that on a code level. It's all automatic, so for the user it should be transparent.
At this point I have tested b2evolution v4.0.0-alpha on the following hosts: InMotion, HostMonster, BlueHost, FastDomain, FatCow, HostGator, HostPapa, LunarPages, ANhosting, HostIcan, JustHost, GreenGeeks and IX. I found a few small issues along the way, got them fixed, and so far it's looking good.
I also upgraded my personal blog, and now this blog right here... it seems to be working fine but I'm tempted to keep it under observation for a couple more days... unless you guys want me to rush it out as fast as I can now?
Update July 18th: The b2evolution.net site now also runs on b2evo v4. We are finding small bugs, nothing major, but we'll try to fix the most itching ones in the next couple of days... and then release.
It took you more than a month longer than expected, so I don’t think you are evil just because testing it a few days more on effective practice.
However, I can hardly wait to test it myself ;)